The two of us

The two of us
Hawaii

About Me

Big Rapids, Michagan, United States
I am married to a beautiful woman called Cindy. Have been togeather for 28 years. We have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. It is just great!!

Amazon

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nubs Nob

Hey everybody,cool breezes here.You know Im trying to mix things up here on my blog. Trying to give you a little taste of everything. Like bass fishing,trout fishing, links to Disney. Amazon, you know a little of everything. I have looked at a lot of blogs and they are pretty much strightlined in one direction. So I hope you dont mind,I just want to mix it up a bit.
Man I dont know how I got on that. But I found a neat little place called Nubs Nob. Now how do you like that name.But if you like the winter and I know a lot of you do, here is a place you can go for skiing. Its in Harbor Springs MI. But you might want to make it a point to visit Nubs Nob. They have been know to have the best snow around and have earned the distinction of being family-friendly mountain resort.
Now the mountain is fairly simple with an elvation of 1,338 feet and a vertical drop of 427 feet. That scares me already cause I cant ski.lol But they have 43 trails with 8 chair lifts. Now I understand that they brag about having the top skiing and snowboarding school in the country.
Now just because they offer beginners programs, dont be fooled, the expert skiers will be challenged as they glid down the sloops. Now they have night skiing as well. Now I cant ski in the daylight, let alone the dark.lol
But they have a general store where you can get gloves,hats, neck braces, oops I mean neck warmers, or even have someone to fix your skis.
But all this talk has made me hungary. You can go to the cafeteria and have breakfast or lunch or both!!
You can visit Nubs Winter Garden for grilled burgers. The Pintail Peak Warming hut found at the top of the Black Lift, offers homemade soups, sandwiches, and views that will just knock your socks off.
But the living is easy at Nubs Nob, so you can ski now and snowboard later or board now and ski later. What ever you little heart desires. Check this place out and see what you think.
Im going to try and add a little video, cause if your like me, its always nice to see it instead of just trying to picture it in your head. So get out there and let the cool breezes blow.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger