The two of us

The two of us
Hawaii

About Me

Big Rapids, Michagan, United States
I am married to a beautiful woman called Cindy. Have been togeather for 28 years. We have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. It is just great!!

Amazon

Monday, January 28, 2008

Mackinaw Island

Hey everybody, Cool Breezes here. Just wanted to add a little something to warm

you up. So thought I would add this Palm Tree to make you feel like your where it is very warm. Well did it work?? Didnt think so.

But wanted to write a little more on Mackinaw Island. This is one of my favorite places to go. In the summer I love taking the ferry across to the island. There are a couple different ferries you can go on. They all cost the same so it doesnt matter which one you take.

I mean when you step off the ferry, its like your transformed into being in a victorian town. You can spell fudge everywhere. Your mouth just waters up and the first thing you want to do is get you some fudge. Even though your waist line tells you no, you go do it anyway.

You can go up to Fort Mackinac where you can tour some of the islands history of the fort. I mean this thing is like 200 years old. Wow!!

Then there is the Mackinaw island butterfly house. Which is just amazing. The kids will just go nuts in here. Course I loved it just as well. But I believe there are over 500 different butterflys!

Yikes!!

Then you can take a carriage tour. You can take a one hour tour or a 45 minite tour. Then of course you have to watch out when the horses do their thing. lol But it is just a ball.

Then if you want to shop. Well now let me tell ya, hang onto your hat. Shops galore. There is Kilwins Fudge. They call the tourest fudgies cause no one leaves the island without fudge!!

Now where would you like to stay?? Well let me tell ya, they have got historic Inns to full service resorts. Bed and breakfast homes to cabins or cottages. What ever your need are, I think they can help you out.

So please check it out and I know you will not regret it. If you do get there sometime, let me know and leave a comment. I would like to leave a couple more videos of Mackinaw Island, Because it will tell the story much better than I. So please do enjoy!!




No comments:

Powered By Blogger