The two of us

The two of us
Hawaii

About Me

Big Rapids, Michagan, United States
I am married to a beautiful woman called Cindy. Have been togeather for 28 years. We have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. It is just great!!

Amazon

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mackinac Island Winter Fest

Hey cool Breezes here. I hope all of you had a great weekend and enjoyed getting out and letting the cold breezes of west Michigan hit your face. Also that you were able to get out and enjoy all the festivals going on.
Well coming up on Febuary 1st on Mackinac Island they are having a winter fest. Never been there in the winter? Well you should check this out if you want to do something different. I mean its not like being there in the summer thats for sure. I mean in the summer you got biking, roller blading, hiking and all kinds of things going on.
Now in the winter its different for sure.Cross-country sking, snowshoeing, and some hiking going on. BUT this comeing weekend, there will be a good time had by all that come. At Great Turtle Park there will be snow vollyball, frozen fish toss, hum wonder what that is like. Golf, yes I said golf, and a great bonfire to roast hotdogs.
Oh and dont forget football!!! Yes there will be a superbowl party at Patrick Sinclairs Irish Pub, with plenty to drink and lots of food. I mean what more could you ask for. There are lots of places to stay, but you better call ahead of time to get a place. I would call the Mackinaw Island tourism bureau at (800) 454-5227. Great Lakes Air (906)-643-7165 provides service from St Ignace, Traverse City, and Pellston to the Island.
So I hope this has helped you in getting rid of the cabin fever. I tell ya, you just got to get out and let those cool breezes blow on your face and makes those cheeks rosy red. But have a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen Mac Island in the winter. IT is beautiful! Thanks for sharing that!

Powered By Blogger